Dr Mercola Complete Probiotics Review
Dr. Mercola Complete Probiotics Review
In this article, I’ll consider pros and cons of Dr. Mercola Complete probiotics to help you decide if it’s the right probiotic supplement for you. Read on!
Product Name: Dr Mercola Complete Probiotics
Where to buy: Amazon
Probiotic Strains: 70 billion CFU and 10 probiotic strains: Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1, Bifidobacterium lactis, Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Lactobacillus brevis, Bifidobacterium longum, Lactobacillus salivarius, streptococcus thermophilus, Bifidobacterium bifidum
Other Ingredients: Vegetable Cellulose, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Fructooligosaccharide, Silicon dioxide
Directions: The manufacturer recommends taking two probiotic capsules a day, in the morning and in the afternoon. Research showed that probiotic supplements are most effective when ingested with dairy, so you can open the capsule and stir its content into your yogurt or milk and take it this way for best results.
- High CFU count means that a higher number of probiotics will survive the journey through your digestive tract to colonize it and support your health
- A great selection of 10 probiotic strains with scientifically proven health benefits
- This supplement contains prebiotics that support the growth of probiotics once they reach your intestines
- The manufacturer carefully picked the probiotic strains that are resistant to stomach acid and bile, so 80% of probiotic strains used in Dr. Mercola Complete Probiotics are guaranteed to reach your intestines intact
- It contains a superstrain called Lactobacillus Acidophilus DDS-1 which offers an extra benefit to lactose intolerant people by producing lactase, a compound that alleviates lactose intolerance symptoms
- You don’t need to keep it in the fridge, the probiotics are stable for 18 months from the production date when kept at room temperature. However, it’s always better to keep your probiotic supplement in the fridge to maximize its effectiveness.
- It’s got an impressive 92% of 4 and 5-star reviews on Amazon
“My entire life I had problems with constipation. I have been on Dr. Mercola’s Complete Probiotics now for more than a year. My entire digestive system has improved so much that I no longer have to take prescription acid reflux medicine and my intestines function daily and I fell so much better. Thank you for such a good product that healed my gut, which also improved my immune system!”
Karen Dollar, Amazon.com
- Every probiotic strain offers different health benefits, so a higher number of probiotic strains would provide a more complete support. There are probiotic supplements with 34 probiotic strains, so it’s worth to consider them before buying Dr. Mercola Complete Probiotics.
- The probiotics in Complete Probiotics are guaranteed to be alive at the time of manufacture. It means that once you take it, there may be much less CFU than 70 billion. One study shows that the CFU count in Dr. Mercola Complete Probiotics was 35% than claimed on the label.
Does it work?
Dr. Mercola Complete Probiotics have received fantastic reviews from a vast majority of users. The reviewers say that it significantly improved their digestive issues, such as IBS, diarrhea, bloating and gases.
If you suffer from yeast infections, this supplement can also be very beneficial as it contains probiotic strains, such as Lactobacillus plantarum and Lactobacillus rhamnosus, shown to have excellent abilities to kill Candida cells.
So what are the health benefits of the probiotic strains in Dr. Mercola Complete Probiotics?
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus DDS®-1 : improves digestion and lactose intolerance symptoms, boosts immune system, relieves vaginal infections and IBS
- Lactobacillus casei: Promotes healthy serotonin levels improving stress response and stimulates the immune system.
- Lactobacillus plantarum: Improves digestive problems and inflammatory response
- Lactobacillus salivarius: Helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels and boosts the immune system.
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus: Lowers cholesterol levels, supports weight loss as well as vaginal and gastrointestinal health.
- Lactobacillus brevis: Stimulates immune system and inflammatory response.
- Bifidobacterium lactis: Improves inflammation and allergy symptoms.
- Bifidobacterium longum: It’s considered a psychobiotic because it improves learning abilities and psychological response to stress. It also supports digestion.
- Bifidobacterium bifidum: balances blood sugar levels and improves gastrointestinal health.
- Streptococcus thermophilus: Improves skin health and appearance and boosts immunity.
Dr Mercola Complete Probiotics is a great option if you’re looking for a high quality daily probiotic supplement to improve your digestive health or support your yeast infection treatment.
However, if you’re looking for a more potent probiotic supplement with a higher probiotic count and more probiotic strains, check Garden of Life Ultimate Care Probiotics.
I’d love to hear about your experiences. Have you ever used Dr. Mercola Complete Probiotics? Would you recommend it? Please share your stories and questions in the comment section below.