LoveBug Probiotics Yeast is a Beast Review
LoveBug Probiotics Yeast is a Beast Review
Supporting your body with daily probiotic boost can help you tremendously when it comes to fighting vaginal yeast infections or bacterial vaginosis. The probiotics colonize your body making it difficult for potentially harmful microorganisms, such as Candida, to breed and cause an infection. By producing lactic acid, they also create an environment hostile to Candida, lowering the risk of a yeast infection. There are many things we do that cause friendly bacteria to die: taking antibiotics, drinking alcohol, or even going to a swimming pool!
So it’s important to take probiotics every day to maintain a healthy bacterial flora and a strong immune system. LoveBug Probiotics Yeast is a Beast caught my eye because of beautiful packaging and humorous labeling, it definitely makes the product stand out. However, when I looked closer, I realized it’s not as good as other probiotic supplements I reviewed earlier. Let’s have a look at the facts:
Probiotic Strains: 10 billion CFU (colony forming units)
L brevis, L fermentum, L plantarum, L reuteri, L gasseri
Other Active Ingredients: Gran-gyn Complex (D-Mannose, Cranberry Extract, Magnesium Hydroxide, Tricalcium Phosphate), Vitamin C, Sodium.
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Pectin, Sodium Carbonate, Ascorbic Acid, Stearic Acid, Guar Gum, Turmeric
Directions: Take 1 tablet a day before food or for intense support, 2 tablets a day. Some studies show that probiotic supplements are most effective when ingested with dairy products, such as milk or cheese. You can also try adding some probiotic from a capsule to your yogurt.
Best Probiotic Supplements for Women
Garden of Life RAW Probiotics Women
Renew Life Ultimate Flora Women’s Complete
Primadophilus Optima Women's
|How Many Probiotic Strains?|
- The tablets are coated with a special gel that protects the beneficial bacteria from stomach acids so they can be released later in their journey. It allows delivering a much higher percentage of the good bacteria deep inside your intestinal tract to where they will provide the greatest benefit.
- LoveBug Probiotics Yeast is a Beast is gluten-free. It’s got no soy, yeast, GMO, lactose, sugar, wheat, nuts, iron, chemicals, artificial colors or flavors. However, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose is a semi-synthetic polymer and D-mannose is a naturally occurring sugar, closely related to glucose, but it doesn’t affect blood sugar regulation because it’s absorbed at a much slower rate than glucose.
- The supplement is enhanced with Gran-gyn complex containing mainly D-Mannose and cranberry extract, both proven to prevent urinary tract infections (UTI). There is evidence that proanthocyanidins found in cranberry extract help prevent vaginal yeast infections.
- LoveBug Probiotics Yeast is a Beast are shipped in a cold pack, that helps keep friendly bacteria alive. Don’t forget to keep your bottle in the fridge at all times.
- The product is very popular on Amazon, with a staggering 99% of 4 and 5-star reviews. There are no 1 and 2 stars reviews, which suggests that LoveBug Probiotics Yeast is a Beast won’t produce any digestive issues like other, more potent probiotic supplements.
- It’s got only 5 probiotic strains. Research shows that when it comes to vaginal health, the more probiotic strains in a supplement, the more effective it is. It’s because women have got different probiotic strains in their vaginas (from 1 to 4), depending on their genes and geographical location. So when there are many friendly bacteria strains in a supplement there’s higher possibility that the vagina will become fully colonized and protected from potentially harmful organisms.
- Each capsule contains 10 billion CFU (colony forming units), it’s not a very high number, but should be enough to ensure a successful colonization, having said that, the higher the CFU count, the more effective the supplement.
- LoveBug Probiotics Yeast is a Beast is not regulated by Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- 10 billion CFU is guaranteed at time of manufacture, which means that when the pill finally reaches your digestive system there may be only 5 billion CFU alive, or none. The most reliable and effective probiotic supplements guarantee the probiotics to be alive until the best before date or at the time of consumption.
- I couldn’t find any results of clinical studies that would support the effectiveness of LoveBug Probiotics Yeast is a Beast in preventing vaginal yeast infections.
While LoveBug Probiotics Yeast is a Beast has got many beneficial ingredients and certainly supports vaginal and urinary tract health in some way, it fails to guarantee the probiotics they sell will actually be alive when they reach your gut. As they contain the minimum recommended CFU count (10 billion), it’s a bit worrying. Once you take the pill, the number of active colony-forming units may be too low for you to see any positive effects.
However, given the fact that it only contains 5 probiotic strains and 10 billion CFU at time of manufacture, it’s got a very high number of positive reviews on Amazon, so I assume many women are happy with the product.
Having said that, in order to prevent and treat a vaginal yeast infection I would go for a probiotic supplement with a much higher CFU, a higher number of probiotic strains guaranteed to be alive at time of consumption. If you still want to try LoveBug Probiotics Yeast is a Beast, you can buy it on Amazon.
I’d love to hear about your experiences with LoveBug Probiotics Yeast is a Beast. Please share your comments and questions in the comment section below.