Renew Life Ultimate Flora Women’s Complete Review
Renew Life Ultimate Flora Women’s Complete Review
Taking probiotic supplements on daily basis will help you prevent or treat a vaginal yeast infection and a bacterial infection. The probiotic capsules help your body restore the friendly bacteria count, boosting your defenses from all sorts of infections caused by potentially harmful microorganisms, such as Candida. If you suffer from recurring vaginal yeast infections, you can use probiotic suppositories and probiotic tampons along with your probiotic supplements.
Apart from improving your vaginal health, probiotic supplements boost your immune system, they help you get rid of digestive issues, such as bloating and constipation, and they protect your urinary tract. Let me help you decide if Renew Life Ultimate Flora Women’s Complete is the right probiotic supplement for you.
Product name: Renew Life Ultimate Flora Women’s Complete, 30 Capsules
Where to buy: Amazon
Probiotic Strains: 90 billion CFU (colony forming units)
B lactis (two different strains), B longum, B infantis, B bifidum, L acidophilus, L casei, L plantarum, L paracasei, L salivarius, L rhamnosus, L gasseri
Other Ingredients: Vegetable capsule (Vegetable fiber, water), cellulose
Directions: Take 1 capsule a day. Although the label says “with or without food” research shows that probiotic supplements are most effective when taken with dairy products, such as yogurt or cheese. You can also add the powder from a capsule to your yogurt.
- Renew Life Ultimate Flora Women’s Complete contains 10 probiotic strains, among them L. rhamnosus which has been scientifically proven to colonize the vagina when taken orally. Research shows that the higher the number of probiotic strains in a supplement, the higher the possibility that the probiotics will actually colonize the vagina. It’s because women’s vaginal flora differs depending on their geographical location and genes. Turns out women have from 1 to 4 probiotic strains in their vaginas, so the more probiotic strains in your supplement the more probable that you will get the exact probiotics you actually need. While 10 probiotic strains is a good number, there are probiotic supplements with 34 strains, it’s worth to check them out.
- Each capsule contains 90 billion CFU (colony forming units), it’s a very high number (bear in mind that there are probiotic supplements with only 5 billion CFU!), it definitely increases the effectiveness of the supplement.
- Ultimate Flora Women’s Complete 90 Billion is gluten free. It contains no soy, corn, dairy, eggs, wheat, nuts, shellfish, tree nuts or artificial ingredients. However, the label says that it’s made in a facility that handles wheat, gluten, soy and dairy, so you should take extra care if you’re extremely allergic to them.
- The probiotics are contained in delayed-release capsules, making sure that the capsules won’t get dissolved by stomach acids and will reach your gut.
- The probiotics are guaranteed to be alive at the time of consumption if kept under 73°F (23°C).
- In 2015 Ultimate Flora Women’s Complete 90 Billion probiotic was named as a finalist in Best Women’s Health Supplement category by Delicious Living magazine.
- The product is very popular on Amazon, with 85% of 4 and 5 star reviews.
- The product is not regulated by Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- There are 9% of 1 and 2 star reviews, with some reviewers complaining of digestive issues such as constipation and vomiting.
- Some reviewers complain that Renew Life Ultimate Flora Women’s Complete is not shipped with an ice pack, which can make it less effective. You can do a milk test to check if the probiotics in your supplement are still alive. Add a spoon of probiotic powder from the capsules to a cup of milk and leave it in room temperature overnight. If the milk is curdled, has got a yogurt film or bubbles, it means that your probiotics are alive and active.
- I couldn’t find any clinical studies results on their website.
Ultimate Flora Women’s Complete contains a high enough number of probiotic strains and CFU count to be considered effective. It makes it more probable that your vagina will get colonized by the right strains and protected against vaginal yeast infection or BV. Having said that, there are probiotic supplements with 32 probiotic strains and they are cheaper than Ultimate Flora Women’s Complete.
Although the product is sent without an ice pack, most probiotic supplements are made to ensure that probiotics survive a few days of shipment. To make sure your capsules stay effective, always keep the bottle in the fridge, and if you’re in doubt if the probiotics are still alive, do a milk test. You can always return it, if you’re not happy with it. You can buy it on Amazon.
I’d love to hear about your experiences with Ultimate Flora Women’s Complete. Please share your comments and questions in the comment section below.