Vaginal Probiotic Suppositories: Canesflor Review
Canesflor suppositories can be used to speed up your recovery from a vaginal yeast infection or from BV. You can also use it to prevent future infections.
Probiotics delivered straight to the vagina colonize its walls and start producing lactic acid, making sure that the acidity levels impede the growth of harmful bacteria and yeast and boosting your immunity.
In this article, I’ll take a closer look at Canesflor to help you decide if it’s the right product for you.
Ingredients: Lactobacillus plantarum
Other Ingredients: Maize starch, mannitol, carboxymethylcellulose sodium cross-linked, vegetable magnesium stearate, silica dioxide, gelatin, titanium dioxide
I found a study that focuses specifically on the efficacy of Canesflor. It found that Lactobacillus plantarum is able to attach to vaginal wall cells reducing the chances of Candida cells to start colonizing the vagina causing unpleasant symptoms.
The study divided 89 women suffering from vaginal yeast infection in two groups. The first group was given clotrimazole treatment for 3 days followed by application of a lubricant suppository for 6 days and then once a week for another 4 weeks.
The other group followed clotrimazole treatment with a Canesflor suppository instead of a lubricant suppository.
- In the probiotic-treated group, 80% of women experienced a significant increase in Lactobacillus count, compared to 40% in the first group.
- What’s more, 90% of women treated with Canesflor experienced a significant reduction in vaginal itching and burning, compared to 67.5% in the first group.
- The study also found that Canesflor helps to maintain healthy vaginal pH levels, helping them prevent recurrence of vaginal infections.
- Although most Canesflor reviews are positive, some users report they found the suppositories difficult to insert and one user experienced vaginal burning and itching after inserting Canesflor and had to stop using it
How to use it?
- For best results insert one suppository for 6 consecutive days before bedtime and then one suppository per week, for 4 weeks. Each box contains 10 vaginal suppositories.
- Canesflor is safe for breastfeeding women
- Sometimes women can experience a burning sensation and itching after inserting Canesflor probiotic suppositories.
I like the fact that Canesflor is a scientifically documented product. It’s bound to help women treat and prevent vaginal infections. you can use them during and after your antifungal or antibiotic treatment to boost your defenses.
If you often suffer from yeast infections caused by harsh chemicals in swimming pool water, inserting a Canesflor suppository after your swimming session will help you prevent it.
If you notice that your yeast infections start straight after your period, insert the suppositories for 7 consecutive nights just after your period as a preventative measure. You can buy Canesflor on Amazon.
Have you ever used Canesflor? Please share your experiences and questions in the comment section below.