Provacare Probiotic Vaginal Care Ovules Review
If you suffer from recurring yeast infections, try using probiotic suppositories to provide friendly bacteria directly when they’re needed most. Maintaining a healthy balance of probiotics in your vagina will boost your defenses against Candida overgrowth and prevent future outbreaks. Clinical studies show that Provacare impedes the growth of Candida Albicans, which causes vaginal yeast infections and provides protection from bacterial infections (BV).
It provides the correct type and amount of healthy bacteria that will colonize the vagina and restore the vaginal pH by producing lactic acid. The probiotics create a hostile environment for harmful microorganisms, such as Candida or Gardnerella, treating ongoing infections and providing immunity from future infections.
Ingredients: 1 billion CFU: LCR Regenerans®, a unique formulation of Lactobacillus casei rhamnosus
Other Ingredients: Dextrin, D-glucose, 4-0-Alpha-D-glucopyranosy, Potato starch, Gelatin, Monosodium glutamate, Calcium hydroxide, Lactose, Magnesium Stearate, Sodium Thiosulfate.
Where to buy: Ebay
- I like the fact that the effectiveness of Provacare is proven in numerous clinical studies. In the first study, the microbial balance in the vaginal ecosystem was restored in 88% of patients treated with Provacare. Another study found that the probiotic strain used in Provacare, Lcr 35, shows antagonistic activity against common vaginal pathogens that cause infections, namely: Prevotella bivia, Gardnerella vaginalis, and Candida albicans.
- Lcr 35 (L rhamnosus) has got the ability to lower vaginal pH by producing a lot of lactic acid, it also shows an excellent adherence to vaginal mucosa, so it can relieve vaginal infection symptoms in a relatively short time.
- The manufacturer says you can use it during your period, but I’m not sure how effective it would be if you insert a tampon or if you’re bleeding heavily. If you need a probiotic boost during your period, I’d recommend Saforelle Probiotic Tampons.
- If you’re using Provacare as a preventative measure against vaginal infections, you can still have sex during treatment. But refrain from any sexual activity if you’re suffering from a vaginal infection.
- According to the he manufacturer you don’t need to refrigerate the product, however make sure you keep it in temperatures lower than 23°C (73°F)
- Research shows that the number and types of vaginal probiotic strains depend on women’s geographical location and genes, so for maximum effectiveness probiotic suppositories should contain more than 1 probiotic strain. The more strains of friendly bacteria, the higher the chance of colonization and lasting protection from vaginal yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis. Provacare has got only one probiotic strain, so it may not work for every woman. Having said that, the efficacy of the probiotic strain it uses is well documented, and it shows that it works for at least 88% of women.
- I don’t like the fact that it contains glucose, but I haven’t found any probiotic ovules that don’t contain any sugar. I suppose the amount of glucose is too low to serve as a food source to Candida and I trust that the manufacturers know what they’re doing!
How to use it?
- Insert one ovule into the vagina (finger deep) twice a day, in the morning and at bedtime, for 7 consecutive days. You can moisten the suppository with a small amount of water for easier insertion.
- If you’re pregnant, consult your doctor before using Provacare.
- Do not use Provacare if you are allergic to milk.
- Do not if you suffer from an immune-compromised condition such as Aids or lymphoma.
Provacare side effects:
- No side effects have been reported. As long as you’re not allergic to milk, you should be fine.
I generally trust products that are supported by clinical studies. If the results show that the product works, I think it’s worth a try. As I’ve already sais the ovules won’t work for everyone as we all have different vaginal probiotic strains and some of us may need a product that offers more trains for effective treatment and prevention of vaginal infections. However, 88% of successful colonization cases is a high number and shows that Provacare can be very effective in treating and preventing vaginal yeast infections, bacterial vaginosis and UTI. You can buy it from Ebay.