Vh Essentials Prebiotic Suppositories Review
vH Essentials Prebiotic Suppositories Review
In my vH Essentials Prebiotic Suppositories review, I’ll tell you how these suppositories work and what are their advantages and disadvantages, based on scientific research and user reviews. Do these suppositories work for yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis? are there any more effective alternatives? Keep reading to find out.
Product Name: vH Essential Prebiotic Suppositories
Where to buy: Amazon
Ingredients: Polyethylene glycols, short-chain fructooligosaccharides, silica, methylparaben, lactic acid
How Does it Work?
It contains prebiotics which nourish friendly bacteria in your vagina making it easier for them to recolonize in during or after a vaginal yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis. Additionally, it’s got lactic acid (an acid naturally produced by friendly bacteria).
Lactic acid balances your vaginal pH creating unfavorable conditions for yeast and bacteria that may cause infections. These ingredients may help treat and prevent yeast infection and bacterial vaginosis, but they may not always be effective.
Are the Ingredients Safe?
- Polyethylene glycols: this synthetic compound has been found to have no irritating or toxic effect on human health. However, according to some studies it’s often contaminated by other, harmful substances that may be toxic and irritating.
- Short-chain fructooligosaccharides: it’s prebiotic that boosts lactic acid bacteria growth. Studies show that it’s able to elevate lactic acid bacteria levels.
- Silica: the use of silica in personal care products is considered safe, however, silica may be carcinogenic when inhaled in large quantities.
- Methylparaben: it’s not considered to be toxic when used in personal care products, but some studies show it can affect cell structure, endocrine disruption, and allergic reactions.
- Lactic acid: natural acid excreted by lactic acid bacteria, it helps maintain a healthy vaginal pH protecting you from vaginal infections
What I Like About Vh essential Prebiotic Suppositories
- One box contains 15 suppositories and an applicator, for this amount they’re very economical, you can check the price on Amazon.
- It’s designed for use in 15 consecutive days, but you can use it as often as you need.
- There’s no need for refrigeration so you can take it with you when you travel.
- It’s also recommended for women during and after the menopause.
- 73% of women claim vH Essentials helped them to get rid of vaginal odor, discharge, and BV.
What I Don’t Like About These Suppositories
- 20% of negative reviews on Amazon is quite a lot. Women usually complain that it didn’t work at all, sometimes the suppositories made things worse, also some users are not happy about its waxy texture.
- You should only use it before bedtime and always wear a liner. The suppositories can leak out easily and their texture may be unpleasant.
Any Side Effects?
There are no known side effects of vH Essentials Suppositories, but some women report that their vaginal symptoms actually got worse after using it. It could be because they were allergic to one of the ingredients.
Is There a Better Alternative?
If you want to cure or prevent BV or yeast infection, sometimes prebiotics on their own may not be enough because the count of friendly bacteria (probiotics) in your vagina may be too low. It’s best to use probiotic suppositories with prebiotic.
They contain live colonies of probiotics ready to colonize your vagina and produce lactic acid, which will stabilize your vaginal pH creating a natural barrier against infection-causing microorganisms. The prebiotic will boost the growth of probiotics enabling so that they can work faster and more effectively.
One of the best product of this type is EcoVag. It contains two probiotic strains: Lactobacillus rhamnosus and Lactobacillus gasseri along with a prebiotic called Lacticol. They’ve got 25 million CFU, which is the highest among probiotic suppositories.
You’re supposed to insert one suppository before going to bed for 8 consecutive nights. Once you recover, you can insert one suppository anytime you think your vaginal pH balance may have been disturbed: after your period, after having sex or after drinking a lot of alcohol.
VH Essentials Prebiotic Suppositories may be just enough if you suffer from minor vaginal problems, such as odor or discharge. However, if you want to treat BV or yeast infection, they may not be potent enough.
The problem is that when you’ve got an infection, it means that your friendly bacteria levels are low and boosting the bacteria with a prebiotic may not be enough to reestablish healthy levels of lactic acid bacteria.
It’s better to use probiotic suppositories with a prebiotic, such as EcoVag, to quickly deliver the missing friendly bacteria to your vagina so that they can start working straight away to fight off an infection.
Have you ever used vH Essentials Prebiotic Suppositories? Did they work? Please share your stories and questions in the comment section below.