Balance Activ Review
Balance Activ Review
Balance Activ gel is designed to help women balance their vaginal pH and relieve symptoms such as vaginal odor and itching. These symptoms are associated with bacterial vaginosis and yeast infection.
So this product to supplement your vaginal infection treatment as well as a preventative measure against vaginal infections. In this article, I’ll review Balance Activ gel to help you decide if it’s the right product for you.
Name: Balance Activ Gel
Ingredients: Lactic Acid, Glycogen, Propylene Glycol, Methylhydroxypropyl Cellulose, Sodium Lactate, Water, pH 3.8
Where to buy?: Amazon
How Does it Work?
Balance active comes with 7 pre-filled applicators with vaginal pH balancing gel. Balance active contains glycogen to encourage friendly bacteria strains to grow and multiply. That bacteria (known as probiotics) produce lactic acid which is the key to a healthy vaginal pH balance. It’s also been shown to boost immunity, inhibit bacteria growth and even kill viruses.
With the right amount of lactic acid in your vagina, harmful bacteria and yeast will not have the right conditions to grow causing unpleasant symptoms like itching or vaginal odor.
What’s more, by encouraging friendly bacteria to grow and colonize your vagina you create a natural barrier against yeast and bacteria because they cannot successfully attach to vaginal walls and start feeding and multiplying.
- Most women notice a significant improvement in their symptoms after using only one applicatorful of Balance Activ
- Balance Active is a great way not only to treat vaginal symptoms but also to prevent them
- You can use Balance Activ when you’re pregnant, however, remember to consult your doctor if you experience any abnormal vaginal symptoms
- Balance Active doesn’t contain any allergens, hormones or preservatives
- If you’re trying to conceive, don’t use Balance Activ as it creates unfavorable conditions for sperm
- Don’t use it with polyurethane or natural rubber latex condoms as the gel can damage these materials. Opt for polyisoprene condoms instead
- Some women experience vaginal burning after inserting the gel. This sensation should disappear within a few minutes. If it doesn’t or gets worse, make sure to see your doctor as soon as possible.
- According to Amazon reviews, 17% of users left a one-star review. Most of them complain that Balance Activ Gel didn’t work or made the infection worse. However, it’s possible that most of them self-diagnosed and they may have been suffering from a different vaginal infection (such as trichomoniasis) that requires a different kind of treatment.
How and When to Use Balance Activ Gel?
If you’re suffering from bacterial vaginosis or a yeast infection, you should insert one gel tube before going to bed for 7 consecutive nights. It’s best to use a pantyliner because some of the gel may leak overnight.
You can also use it to prevent vaginal infections:
- Straight after you finish an antibiotic treatment
- After your period, if you tend to get vaginal infections around that time
- After swimming in a swimming pool if you notice that you get vaginal infections triggered by pool chemicals
- Always when you feel an infection may be starting
- When using Balance Activ to prevent infections, inserting one or two gel tubes a week should be enough to restore your vaginal pH balance
Balance Activ is a great option for women who are trying to get rid of unpleasant vaginal symptoms. In some cases using Balance Activ alone to treat a vaginal yeast infection may not be enough, but it’s a great way to prevent future infections.
If you see that Balance Activ did not remove your symptoms after 7 days, you can try other OTC medications or consult your doctor to start prescription treatment. If you think it’s the right product for you, buy Balance Activ on Amazon.
Have you ever used Balance Activ? Did it help? Please share your experiences and questions in the comment section below.