What are the Best Probiotic Suppositories for Yeast Infection?
What are the Best Probiotic Suppositories for Yeast Infection?
If you suffer from recurring yeast infections or bacterial vaginosis, you may consider using probiotic suppositories to reestablish your vaginal flora and boost your defenses.
When there aren’t enough friendly bacteria (probiotics), Candida yeast and harmful bacteria may start to multiply causing unpleasant symptoms.
The probiotics, convert lactose in the vagina into lactic acid which helps to maintain the vaginal acidity level in the healthy range of pH 3,8-4,5, preventing yeast and ‘bad’ bacteria from multiplying.
Also, certain Lactobacilli strains produce hydrogen peroxide that stops harmful microorganisms from growing out of control and causing unpleasant symptoms.
I’ve come up with a list of 3 probiotic suppositories that you can buy on Amazon. All of them have got probiotic strains scientifically proven to help treat and prevent vaginal yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis.
EcoVag Probiotic Suppositories Review
Studies show that EcoVag Suppositories can relieve symptoms such as unpleasant odors and itching in 80% of women within 8 days.
Another study found that the probiotic strains used in EcoVag can prevent recurring infections for up to 6 months in 65% of women who take three 10-day courses.
- EcoVag efficacy is well documented and it contains probiotic strains shown to quickly lower vaginal pH providing fast relief from symptoms and produce hydrogen peroxide that helps prevent the growth of harmful organisms.
- I couldn’t find any!
Ingredients: Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Lactobacillus gasseri, Lactitol, anhydrous glucose, lactitol monohydrate, corn starch, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, titanium dioxide, magnesium stearate.
Canesflor Probiotic Suppositories Review
Canesflor Suppositories are vaginal ovules that contain a probiotic strain that naturally occurs in the vagina. It helps treat and prevent conditions triggered by a bacterial imbalance in the vagina, such as yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis.
They can be used from 12 years of age, to treat and prevent unpleasant vaginal symptoms.
- It contains a probiotic strain scientifically proven to boost vaginal health protecting you from infections. It helps maintain a healthy pH level in the vagina, making it difficult for harmful bacteria and fungus to start proliferating and cause an infection.
- Some women users report difficulties inserting the suppositories
- It’s got only one probiotic strain, which may not be enough for some women
Ingredients: Lactobacillus plantarum, Maize starch, mannitol, carboxymethylcellulose sodium cross-linked, vegetable magnesium stearate, silica dioxide, gelatin, titanium dioxide
Provacare Probiotic Suppositories Review
Research shows that Provacare prevents the growth of Candida Albicans, which causes vaginal yeast infections and protects from bacterial vaginosis.
It contains the correct type and amount of healthy bacteria that will colonize the vagina and restore the vaginal pH by producing lactic acid.
- Lcr 35 (L rhamnosus) can lower vaginal pH by producing a lot of lactic acid, it adheres very well to vaginal mucosa, so it can relieve your symptoms in a short time.
- According to the instructions, you can use it during your period.
- If you’re using Provacare to prevent vaginal infections, you can have sex during treatment. But refrain from any sexual activity if you’re treating a vaginal infection.
- Provacare doesn’t need refrigeration.
- Research shows that women need a different number and types of vaginal probiotic strains depending on their geographical location and genes, so ideally probiotic suppositories should contain more than 1 probiotic strain. The more strains of friendly bacteria, the higher the chance of successful colonization and lasting protection from vaginal infections. Provacare has got only one probiotic strain, so it may not work for every woman. However, research shows that the probiotic strain found in Provacare works for at least 88% of women.
Ingredients: LCR Regenerans®, a unique formulation of Lactobacillus casei rhamnosus, Dextrin, D-glucose, 4-0-Alpha-D-glucopyranosy, Potato starch, Gelatin, Monosodium glutamate, Calcium hydroxide, Lactose, Magnesium Stearate, Sodium Thiosulfate.
What are the Benefits of Using Probiotic Suppositories?
Research shows that using probiotics in the form of vaginal suppositories boosts vaginal health and protects the vagina from infections. What’s more, many studies show that probiotics administered vaginally can also help to:
- Cut the risk of recurrent UTI (urinary tract infection)
- Cut the risk of recurrent yeast infections
- Lower the risk of preterm delivery
- Support infertility treatment, increasing conception rates
- Protect you from contracting a sexually transmitted disease (STD), such as chancroid.
Order Your Yeast Infection Test Today
Order online & test at home
Collect & mail in your sample in 5 minutes
Get lab-certified results on the go
When Should You Use Probiotic Suppositories?
You can use probiotic suppositories either to treat or prevent vaginal yeast infections:
- You can insert it in the vagina together with an antifungal suppository to boost its effect, speed up recovery and strengthen your defenses to avoid future infections.
- You can use it after a session in a swimming pool, to help reestablish correct pH and healthy bacterial flora.
- Use it after a night out if you drank a lot of alcohol. It will replenish the levels of friendly bacteria destroyed by alcohol.
- Use vaginal probiotic suppositories when following an antibiotic treatment and minimum one week after you finish treatment.
- Use it when you’re suffering from chronic stress to prevent a vaginal yeast infection that may be triggered by increased cortisol levels.
Using probiotic suppositories can help you treat and prevent vaginal yeast infections caused by bacteria and yeasts. You can use it along with your antifungal or antibacterial treatment, or on its own to prevent vaginal infections especially if you suffer from recurring episodes.
Apart from using probiotic suppositories, you can also consider taking probiotic supplements designed especially for women to boost your overall health and immunity.
Have you ever used probiotic suppositories? Did they help you treat or prevent vaginal infections? Please share your experiences and questions in the comment section below.