What’s the Best Way to Get Rid of a Yeast Infection Fast?
What’s the Best Way to Get Rid of a Yeast Infection Fast?
Vaginal yeast infections are very common, they happen to around 75% of women, so you’re likely to get one at least once in your life. Fortunately, there are many ways to get rid of a yeast infection fast. You can buy them without prescription online or at your nearest drugstore.
In this article, I’ll share three most effective OTC vaginal yeast infection treatments that will help you get rid of your yeast infection for good.
What Are The Symptoms of a Yeast Infection?
If you’ve got a yeast infection, you may notice the following symptoms:
- Red and itchy vagina and vulva
- Swollen labia
- Discomfort during intercourse
- Burning sensation when urinating
- Your discharge may be transparent and watery or thick and white, resembling cottage cheese with a yeasty smell
- Sometimes the skin of the vagina and vulva may crack and bleed
These symptoms can be confused with bacterial vaginosis or an STD, that’s why it’s really important to get tested to get an accurate diagnosis. If you cannot see a doctor, it’s a good idea to order a yeast infection test online.
MyLabBox offers a selection of vaginal health tests. Once you order a test, they send you a test kit with a prepaid envelope. Take your swabs and send them back. You’ll see your results online within 48 hours and if you test positive, you’ll get a medical consultation for free so you can start your treatment straight away.
Once you’re sure you’ve got a vaginal yeast infection, I recommend 3 very effective treatment options:
Monistat 7 comes with 7 applicatorfuls of a cream containing Miconazole, an antifungal agent. Insert it into your vagina before going to bed for 7 consecutive nights and your symptoms will disappear in no time.
Monistat is a great option if you don’t suffer from yeast infections very often.
There are also other treatment options available: Monistat 1 (one-day treatment) and Monistat 3 (three-day treatment), you can read more about them in my article “Monistat 1 vs. Monistat 3 vs. Monistat 7”.
To sum up, according to reviews, Monistat 7 gives the best long lasting results, that’s why I always recommend it.
Boric Acid Suppositories
If you suffer from recurrent yeast infections, you may need something more potent than Monistat or other common OTC suppositories for yeast infection.
Research shows that boric acid is very effective even in cases of severe, recurrent yeast infections. Insert one suppository into your vagina before going to bed for 7 consecutive nights.
After you finish treatment, you can use one suppository a week for up to 6 months to prevent yeast infections from coming back, but do it only if you suffer from recurrent yeast infections.
One of the best boric acid products for yeast infection is BoriCap. If you order before 2 pm, it will be shipped on the same day, so you can be sure to start your treatment soon.
Check my article about the pros and cons of using boric acid for vaginal yeast infections to learn more.
Femmallay Tea Tree Oil Suppositories
If your symptoms are relatively mild, and you don’t suffer from recurrent yeast infections, a gentle treatment with a 100% natural mixture of coconut oil and tea tree oil may be just enough.
Studies show that both of these ingredients have got an antifungal effect, s they are able to kill yeast cells and relieve your symptoms.
Femmallay suppositories contain only natural ingredients: Tea Tree Essential Oil, Coconut Oil, Illipe Butter and Carnauba Wax so you can be sure you’re getting a pure natural product for your vaginal health.
These suppositories can be used to treat vaginal yeast infection as well as bacterial vaginosis due to the antiseptic qualities of tea tree oil.
For more information, check my Femallay Suppositories Review.
How to Prevent Vaginal Yeast Infections?
There are many things you can do to avoid yeast infections from coming back. In this section, I’ll share the most important tips:
- When you have to take antibiotics, make sure you supplement with probiotic supplements to help your body rebuild the levels of healthy bacteria that protect you from yeast infections.
- Opt for loose fitting pants instead of leggings or tight trousers. You can also choose 100% cotton underwear to make sure the air can flow freely between your legs and avoid sweating.
- When you go swimming, change into dry clothes as soon as possible. Yeast like moisture, so make sure you stay dry. Also, the water in swimming pools is treated with chemicals that can change your vaginal pH making it more vulnerable to infection. After a swimming session, use a pH balancing vaginal gel to bring your pH back to normal.
- Lack of sleep, chronic stress and high caffeine intake can heighten your cortisol levels. If cortisol stays high for a long period of time, it will decrease your immunity making you more prone to infection.
- Avoid using scented soaps and sexual lubricants full of harsh ingredients. Choose 100% natural feminine washes and lubricants instead.
- For more information check my article about how to prevent vaginal yeast infections.
A vaginal yeast infection, although not life-threatening, can make your life miserable. The sooner you start your treatment the easier it will be to get rid of it for good.
As soon as you experience vaginal itching and discharge, it’s crucial to go to see your doctor to get diagnosed and treated.
The treatments I recommend above are very effective, but your doctor may prescribe a more potent medication, better suited to your needs.
Some women prefer to treat their yeast infection at home, without buying over the counter suppositories. In some cases, natural cures for vaginal yeast infections prove very effective, but if you decide to use them and your symptoms don’t ease within 3 days, use a different treatment option.
I’d love to hear about your experiences, what is your favorite vaginal yeast infection treatment? Please share your comments and questions in the comment section below.