Where to Buy an STD Test Kit?
Where to Buy an STD Test Kit?
Wondering where to buy an STD test kit? If you’re a sexually active person, getting tested for STDs is crucial. Many sexually transmitted diseases don’t give any symptoms at all, and some start giving symptoms when they are already very advanced and start presenting a serious health risk.
There are more and more companies that offer a convenient way to test for STD either from the comfort of your own home or by visiting the nearest laboratory.
In this article, I’ll tell you what are the best places that offer STD testing online and how they work.
First of all, let’s compare the prices of a Gonhorrea + Chlamydia Test Kits
My Lab Box
|Price of Gonorrhea + Chlamydia Test|
|Where to Order?|
My Lab Box STD Test Review
My Lab Box tests can be done from the comfort of your own home. Once you order a test, you’ll receive a kit to easily take swabs from your mouth, vagina or rectum.
Each kit comes with detailed, easy to follow instructions. When you’ve taken your swabs, send them back in the attached box and wait for your results. They should be available online within a few days.
If you happen to test positive for an STD, you can have a free consultation with a physician over the phone. He or she will tell you what to do next and you’ll be able to ask questions so that you can make informed decisions about your health.
They offer a couple test which includes test kits for her and for him and tests for 8 most common sexually transmitted diseases: Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Hepatitis C, HIV, Herpes, Syphilis, and Trichomoniasis.
It’s the only company who offers this sort of product, and I think it shows how they listen to their customers and help them make informed decisions about their lives and their health.
Pros and Cons:
You can see your results online
Free physician consultation if tested positive
Total privacy, everything is done from the comfort of your home, no need to visit a lab
Very competitive prices, their kits start at $79
Occasionally they may send you a wrong kit, which will be resolved very quickly
Use Code: SPRINGSALE25 for 25% Discount!
STD Check Review
This service works in a different way than MyLabBox. You have to order your test online and then visit the nearest laboratory to have your swabs taken. They’ve got 4500 laboratories across the U.S., so it will be easy to find one that’s near you.
You don’t need an appointment and there’s no waiting time, so you’re in and out in minutes. After your swabs are taken, you have to wait for 1 to 2 days to see your results online.
If you test positive, you can call one of their physicians and have a treatment prescribed whenever possible. They offer a nice selection of STD tests, you can check their prices and packages here.
Pros and Cons:
You can check your results online
Free physician consultation if you test positive and prescription whenever possible
Discreet, private service
Fantastic customer service, they’re quick to reply to your messages and their chatline is very helpful
Sometimes your results may take longer than 2 days due to lab delays. Should that happen, contact the customer service and they’ll solve it for you as soon as possible
They’re more expensive than their competitors
- Read More: How to Test for Gonorrhea From Home?
Personalabs works in a similar way to STD Check. The difference is that they offer over 300 different tests apart from STD tests.
It means that you can also do pregnancy tests, cancer screening, hormone tests and more. They’ve got 2300 laboratories in the U.S.
After ordering your test online, you visit your nearest lab and you’ll receive your results within 72 hours. Results of some more complex tests can take up to 7 days.
Pros and Cons:
They offer free physician consultation to help you choose your test, interpret your results and prescribe treatment whenever possible
The service offers full discretion
Great customer service, they replied to my email within hours
The results may take longer to arrive
2300 labs countrywide are much less than 4500 labs offered by STD Check
Why Should I order an STD Test Online?
First of all, you avoid the embarrassment of talking about your symptoms and sexual life face-to-face. Online STD testing companies offer chatlines and phone consultations with doctors, which makes the service so much more private, discreet and stress-free.
Online STD tests are also very convenient. MyLabBox Test really stands out here, because you don’t even need to leave your home to get tested. There’s no need to find a lab and visit it because you can take the swabs on your own with the easy to use test kit.
The fact that all STD testing companies offer over the phone doctor consultations and prescriptions is another advantage. No need to make an appointment and go to see your doctor, everything’s done over the phone and mail.
Are all STDs Treatable?
Many STDs are curable, just make sure you follow every step of your treatment and you refrain from sexual relations for as long as your doctor recommends. Treatable STDs include:
- Chlamydia: Treated with one dose of Azithromycin or one week of Doxycycline
- Gonorrhea: The treatment consists of one Ceftriaxone injection and one dose of Azithromycin
- Trichomoniasis: Treated with Metronidazole or boric acid suppositories
- Herpes (although it may be recurrent): A course of antiviral therapy and Zovirax
- Syphilis: One to three injections of Benzathine penicillin G depending on the stage of infection
Some STDs are non-treatable however, they can be managed with medication:
- Hepatitis B, C, and D
If you test positive for a sexually transmitted disease you’ll be able to discuss your treatment option with a physician over the phone and get your prescription.
If you test positive for one of the non-curable STD you’ll be advised to see your doctor so that your infection can be managed correctly to prevent it from spreading further and potentially damaging your health.
Do STDs Give any Symptoms?
Some STDs may give symptoms shortly after you get infected while others may take years to start showing any symptoms, and they’re usually quite severe. Let’s take a look at potential STD symptoms:
- Chlamydia: Only 30% of women and 50% of men will experience symptoms such as abundant discharge from the vagina, pain when urinating and during an intercourse, bleeding between periods or heavy periods, bleeding after intercourse.
- Gonorrhea: Although most infected people won’t experience any symptoms, they may notice vaginal bleeding between periods, pain when urinating, abundant vaginal discharge. Men may experience testicular pain, penile discharge, and pain during urination.
- Trichomoniasis: Only 30% experience symptoms such as white, green or yellow vaginal discharge with a foul smell, swollen and itchy vagina, pain during urination and sexual intercourse. Penile discharge and itching, pain during urination and ejaculation.
- HPV: Most people don’t experience any symptoms. Rarely, the only visible symptom may be small bumps on the genital area with a cauliflower texture.
- Syphilis: This infection has got 4 different stages. Each stage presents different symptoms. you can find a detailed description of stages and symptoms of syphilis here.
- Herpes: Bouts of ores and ulcers in the genital area. You may get flu-like symptoms, such as fever, headache and enlarged lymph nodes in the groin area.
Sexually transmitted diseases very often don’t any symptoms at all and that’s what makes them so dangerous. Once they spread around your body, they’re able to damage your organs and severely affect your health in many ways.
That’s why it’s crucial to get tested on a regular basis if you’re a sexually active person. Even if you always use condoms, you’re still at risk of getting infected by an STD.
In my opinion, the best STD testing option is My Lab. They send you a test kit so you can take swabs without leaving your home and their prices are very competitive. The service is very discreet and they give you the possibility to talk to a physician over the phone and get a prescription to treat your infection whenever it’s possible.
Use Code: SPRINGSALE25 for 30% Discount!
Have you ever used online STD testing services? Please share your experiences and questions in the comment section below.