How to Use Lavender Oil for a Yeast Infection?
How to Use Lavender Oil for a Yeast Infection?
In recent years there has been more and more focus on using natural remedies against yeast infection. Scientific research shows that some natural cures can be as effective or even more potent than conventional antifungal medications.
In my previous articles, I discussed how tea tree oil can be used for a vaginal yeast infection and how different essential oils kill Candida. Today I’ll focus on lavender oil and I’ll tell you how you can use it for different types of a yeast infection.
With more focus on antifungal qualities of essential oils, researchers are experimenting with different essential oils to find those that are most effective. Lavender oil turns out to be one of the most potent especially against the most common Candida strain called Candida albicans.
In one experiment lavender oil killed 100% of Candida albicans cells within 15 minutes which shows that it can easily stop Candida growth and clear a yeast infection very quickly.
One of the most potent components of lavender oil is linalool, a naturally occurring alcohol. A study from 2013 found that linalool inhibits Candida growth and can be successfully used in yeast infection therapy.
Lavender Oil for A Vaginal Yeast Infection
- Mix 5 tablespoons of coconut oil with 4 drops of lavender essential oil
- Pour the mixture into a suppository tray or an ice cube tray
- Put the tray in a fridge
- Once solid, insert one suppository before going to bed
- Make sure you use a pad because the mixture can leak
- If your symptoms don’t improve within 3 days, see our healthcare practitioner
This mixture is enhanced by coconut oil, another potent natural antifungal supported by science.
Lavender Oil for Oral Yeast Infection
Add a few drops of lavender oil to a glass of water and use it as a mouthwash. Swish it around your mouth and spit it out for a few minutes. You can do it a few times a day.
You can also try to do the same using tea tree oil or clove oil, or mix a few drops of each oil in a glass of water for a more potent effect.
Lavender Oil for Nail Yeast Infection
Soak your feet in a bowl of warm water mixed with 8 drops of lavender oil, 8 drops tea tree oil and 2 tablespoons of Epsom salts.
After soaking for 30 minutes, dry your feet and apply a drop of lavender oil on each affected nail making sure it also reaches underneath the nail. Repeat the treatment as often as you need.
Other Uses of Lavender Essential Oil
Apart from being an excellent natural remedy for a yeast infection, the lavender essential oil can also be used to:
- relieve stress-related symptoms such as migraines or sleeplessness
- lower blood pressure
- relieve muscle and joint pain (when used as a massage oil)
- boost immunity
- treat indigestion and diarrhea
- relieve respiratory diseases such as bronchitis and asthma (when added to vaporizers and inhalers)
- relieve pain and inflammation caused by insect bites
- improve skin conditions such as acne and psoriasis
Do You Want to Learn More About Using Essential Oils?
If you want to learn more about using essential oils and herbs as natural remedies try The Health and Essential Oils Super Bundle. The bundle includes 22 eBooks, 4 ecourses, 6 printable packs, & 2 membership sites that offer 444 DIY recipes for natural cures using essential oils and herbs. Among these resources, you can find the following positions dedicated entirely to using essential oils:
- 3-Month Membership to The Essential Oils Club – Inner Circle by Dr. Eric Z
- Essential Oil Journal
- Essential Oil Profiles: Aromatherapy Reference Manual for the Everyday Beginner and Beyond
- Essential Oil Safety Cards
- Essential Oil Toolkit & Recipe Journal
- Essential Oils for Families
- The Essential Oils Quick Reference Guide: Printable Charts and Checklists to Help You Successfully Use Essential Oils at Home
Herbs and Essential Oils Super Bundle is an excellent value for money. It offers ebooks, ecourses and website memberships worth $567.48 for only $47! Click on the banner below for more information:
If you’re looking for a natural remedy for a yeast infection, there’s a selection of essential oils with proven antifungal qualities. Lavender oil is one of the most potent ones and it’s easy to find in any health store.
Apart from being a great antifungal remedy, it’s got many other benefits, so if you’re into natural healing lavender oil should always be in your medicine cabinet.
I’d love to hear about your experiences with lavender essential oil and other essential oils. Did you use it for a yeast infection? Did it help? Please share your questions and experiences in the comment section below.