Tea Tree Suppositories for Yeast Infection
Tea Tree Suppositories by Tea Tree Therapy
There is an abundance of essential oils with proven antifungal qualities, one of the most common is tea tree oil. Tea tree oil has got very strong antiseptic and antifungal properties and can be used to treat vaginal yeast infections as well as bacterial infections. A study carried out on mice shows that tea tree oil is effective against both fluconazole susceptible and fluconazole resistant Candida species.
Tea Tree Suppositories by Tea Tree Therapy are an all natural remedy that can help you treat a vaginal yeast infection as well as a bacterial vaginosis. I store them in a cool place, usually in the freezer, as they can easily melt, so they are easier to remove from the package and insert. If your symptoms don’t improve after seven days, make sure you go to see your doctor.
As tea tree oil is a very strong antiseptic, apart from yeast it can also kill the friendly bacteria in your vagina, so it’s best to use probiotic ovules for at least one week straight after finishing your tea tree suppository treatment to balance your vaginal flora and avoid vaginal yeast infections in future.
Description: There are 6 suppositories in the box, enough for one treatment.
Ingredients: 200 mg tea tree oil (melaleuca alternifolia) and hydrogenated vegetable oil base.
Directions: Insert one tea tree oil suppository daily for 6 consecutive nights into your vagina. They will slowly melt overnight, so make sure you wear a pad. The producer recommends inserting the suppositories at night and in the morning, but I don’t recommend it because when you walk, they can easily leak out.
It’s safe to use the suppositories for up to 28 days in severe cases. The tea tree suppositories shouldn’t produce any side effects, apart from an allergic reaction, but in case of bleeding contact your doctor immediately.
- Less than 1% of users get an allergic reaction which can cause itching. If it happens to you, stop using the suppositories and see your doctor.
- If you’re pregnant, make sure you consult your doctor before using the tea tree suppositories.
- 100% natural ingredients
- Beautiful, refreshing smell
- Many studies show that tea tree oil is very effective against both vaginal yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis
- 74% of 4 and 5 star reviews on Amazon
- It may give a slight burning sensation for the fist 30 minutes, if the burning persists or get worse it could mean you’re allergic to tea tree oil and you shouldn’t use the suppositories anymore.
- The suppositories don’t come with an applicator, but they can be easily inserted with a finger.
- They can be a bit expensive.
Tea tree oil suppositories can be very effective when treating vaginal yeast infections or bacterial infections, as long as you’re not allergic to tea tree oil. It’s worth to use this all natural treatment, not only in cases of mild vaginal yeast infection but also against more stubborn Candida species that provoke recurrent yeast infections or are resistant to fluconazole.
Don’t forget to take probiotic supplements or use probiotic ovules for a week after you finish treatment because tea tree oil is also a strong antiseptic and apart from killing bad bacteria, it may also kill friendly bacteria in your vagina that help protect you from future infections. You can buy Tea Tree Suppositories on Amazon.