How to Make Coconut Oil Suppositories for Yeast Infection?
Coconut oil is an excellent natural home remedy for a vaginal yeast infection. Its efficiency in vaginal yeast infection treatment has been well documented in numerous scientific studies (you can read more about them here), so you can be sure that your coconut suppositories will actually work.
In this article, I’ll share a few recipes that you can easily use at home to treat a yeast infection naturally. Then I’ll tell you what are the best coconut oil suppositories you can buy online (in case you don’t want to make them yourself!).
In order to make your coconut oil suppositories, you’ll need high quality, unrefined and organic coconut oil. Viva Naturals Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is one of the best options. All the recipes carry another natural antifungal ingredient to make the suppositories more potent.
Take a look at my recipes:
Important: Before you start your yeast infection treatment, make sure you get properly diagnosed. It’s easy to confuse yeast infection symptoms with much more serious infections, such as Trichomoniasis or Gonorrhea.
STDs can seriously affect your health if left untreated. The easiest way is to order an STD test kit and send your swabs straight to the lab. MyLabBox offers this discreet service online. Go ahead and check MyLabBox website for more information about their STD test kits!
Coconut oil and tea tree oil suppositories
- Use a bowl to mix 7 tablespoons of coconut oil with 7 drops of tea tree oil
- Pour the mixture into a suppository tray
- Leave it in the fridge or freezer until solid, make sure it doesn’t freeze as it may be very uncomfortable, if not impossible, to insert a frozen suppository
- Use one suppository for 7 consecutive nights before going to bed
- The suppository may leak once it dissolves, so it’s best to use a pad
Coconut oil and lavender oil suppositories
- In a bowl, mix 7 tbs of coconut oil with 7 drops of lavender oil
- Place the mixture in a suppository tray and leave it in a fridge or freezer until solid (but not frozen)
- Insert for up to 7 nights before bedtime and make sure you use a pad
Coconut oil and aloe vera gel suppositories
- Mix seven tablespoons of coconut oil with one tablespoon of 100% natural aloe vera gel
- Pour the mixture into a suppository tray
- Leave the tray in a fridge or freezer until it becomes solid (but not frozen)
- Use one suppository every night before going to bed for 7 days
If you don’t see any improvement within a few days, go to see your doctor. You may be suffering from a different kind of vaginal infection or a yeast infection caused by a Candida strain resistant to conventional treatment.
Your doctor will prescribe you a treatment suited to your particular infection and you’ll see a great improvement in no time.
Let me Tell you More About The Ingredients
- Tea tree oil comes from the leaves of the tea tree. It’s used to treat different skin conditions due to its antibacterial and antifungal properties. Research shows that it can kill Candida strains that are resistant to conventional antifungal drugs. It’s best used in the form of tea tree essential oil mixed with a carrier oil. Coconut oil is ideal, as both have got antifungal and antibacterial qualities. Read more about tea tree oil and yeast infections here.
- Lavender Oil owes its antifungal properties to one of its compounds called linalool. In one experiment, lavender oil killed all Candida cells it came to contact with within 15 minutes. Pretty impressive! Read more about how lavender oil can help you treat a yeast infection.
- Aloe vera gel has got anti-viral, anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties. Studies show that it can successfully inhibit Candida cell growth thanks to one of its proteins called 14 kDa. Aloe vera gel can be used directly on the skin for instant relief during fungal infection. Make sure you’re using a 100% natural aloe vera gel that’s free from potentially toxic and harmful additives and preservatives. To make the most aloe vera health benefits, you can also drink aloe vera juice. Read more about using aloe vera for a yeast infection.
What are the Best Coconut Oil Suppositories I Can Buy Online?
My favorite coconut oil suppositories available online are Femallay Suppositories. Apart from coconut oil, they contain another excellent natural antifungal ingredient: Tea Tree Oil.
The remaining two ingredients are Illipe butter and Carnuba wax, so it’s a 100% natural, eco-friendly product bound to relieve yeast infection symptoms. The box comes with seven suppositories and one applicator, enough for a full treatment.
What Precautions Should I take When Using Coconut Oil Suppositories?
First of all, it’s important to be completely sure that you’ve actually got a yeast infection and not a different type of infection, such as bacterial vaginosis or a sexually transmitted disease. The best way to find out is to get diagnosed by your doctor. Apart from that:
- Never use these suppositories if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding
- Do not use them if you’re allergic to coconut oil, tea tree oil, lavender oil or aloe vera gel.
Coconut oil is one of the best home remedies for a vaginal yeast infection. It rarely produces any side effects or an allergic reaction, so it’s relatively safe to use, but lavender oil or tea tree oil can sometimes trigger an allergic reaction, so make sure you’re not allergic to them before using the suppositories.
In that case, you can make the suppositories using only coconut oil, it should be enough to get rid of your symptoms. Remember that you can also use coconut oil as an antifungal cream around your vulva to ease itching and redness. You can also add a drop of tea tree oil for a stronger antifungal effect.
If you’d like to learn more about other natural antifungal remedies for vaginal yeast infection, check my articles about:
Have you ever used coconut oil suppositories for a yeast infection? What’s your favorite home remedy for a yeast infection? I’d love to hear about your experiences. Please share your stories, tips, and questions in the comment section below.